Re: [whatwg] Web forms 2, input type suggestions

On 14 Jul 2007, at 03:43, Benjamin Joffe wrote:
> type="color"
> The user agent would display an appropriate colour picker and would
> send a
> hexidecimal string represting that colour to the server.

That would be nice (though should it really be a RGB hex string? It
would make it easier on the server if the UA did any and all
conversion, though).

On 14 Jul 2007, at 22:09, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> Some testing (iCab, Opera, Firefox, Safari) sugests that UAs that
> don't
> support type="color" would simply dislplay the value in a text
> field. If
> that's true for all legacy UAs, that'd be OK I suppose.

All UAs follow HTML 4.01's requirement of any unknown value being
equal to the default ("text").

- Geoffrey Sneddon