Re: document.body (detailed review of the DOM)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:59:11 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> I think the spec should be aligned with what IE and Opera do on getting,
> i.e. return the first body or frameset element in the document. I think
> the spec is fine for setting.

...except the wording needs to be changed a bit. Step 3 says:

    Otherwise, if the body element is not null, then replace that element
    with the new value in the DOM, as if the root element's replaceChild()
    method had been called with the new value and the incumbent body element
    as its two arguments respectively, then abort these steps.

s/root element/body element's parent node/

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software