List Of Numbers Produces Incorrect Output (part of detailed review of common microsyntaxes)

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:07:56 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Passing #lists a string of "10" results in a list with a single
value: 1. This (almost certain) bug is caused by substeps 24 of the
number character option within step 13 (parser). At the second digit,
we multiple 0*10 before adding it to value. However, if we rewrite
this set of substeps to follow the pattern used in the algorithms
above (such as real numbers) the said bug can be fixed:

[[
1. If finished is true, skip to the next step in the overall set of
steps.

2. Multiply value by ten.

3. Add the value of the digit, interpreted in base ten, to value.

4. Let started be true.
]]

This removes the need for two variables (multiple and n). Therefore,
step 9 of the outer algorithm also needs to be removed.

- Geoffrey Sneddon