insert vs. append (detailed review of parsing algorithm)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:41:00 +0300
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>

(This is part of my detailed review the parsing algorithm.)

The tree construction section uses both "insert" and "append". Most
often "insert" means just "append". For clarity, it would be better
to use "append" when a node is appended as the new last child of a
parent and "insert" when the node is inserted before an existing child.

I do realize that "append" is just a special form of "insert", but
with "insert" one always has to stop and look if there's a reference
node mentioned.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi