Re: handling fallback content for still images

On 9 Jul 2007, at 10:10, Robert Burns wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2007, at 3:56 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> The text/html serialization and the HTML5 parsing algorithm have
>> an intimate relationship. It makes no sense to talk about the
>> properties of the serialization without understanding how it gets
>> parsed, because UAs act on the result of the parse.
>
> But the current thread requires we consider both parsers (HTML5 and
> XML) and a lot more. You jump in here and assume we don't have
> these tidbits of wisdom, but if you read the thread thoroughly you
> would have seen all of the participants already understand what
> you're saying. Its insulting.

I think he is understanding fine. He is answering using the language
from within the spec:

- "HTML 5" is a specification that defines HTML5 and XHTML5
- "HTML5 is a custom format inspired by SGML
- "XHTML5" is a XML format.

Henri throughout uses HTML5 to refer to the text/html serialisation,
which therefore means his comments are completely justified.

- Geoffrey Sneddon

(Or am I just misunderstanding the topic and insulting you as well?)