Re: handling fallback content for still images

From: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 05:01:47 -0500
Cc: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>, public-html@w3.org
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

On Jul 9, 2007, at 4:54 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2007, at 12:52 AM, Robert Burns wrote:
>

>> Earlier in this thread Mcaiej indicated that Opera and Safari (now
>> anyway with an XML de-serialization) are adding an anonymous tbody
>> element for CSS purposes.
>
> It's not an actually element in the DOM, so it's not really
> accurate to say element. They are anonymous boxes in the CSS visual
> formatting model. See here for more detail than you ever wanted:

Understood, I should have said anonymous box.

> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#anonymous-boxes
>
> These anonymous boxes let the table render, but they do not affect
> CSS selectors or DOM scripting.

Sorry, I misunderstood. How is that different than the current
behavior (not in beta 3, but in 2)? The table still renders there.
Right? So with this approach you still won't be able to do tbody
{property: value;} or anything else like that. Is that correct?

Take care,
Rob