Re: Accesskey - spec proposal

On Jul 4, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, 2007-07-03 10:55 -0700:
>
>> 2) Something that is used only on mobile-specific sites will not
>> help us
>> design a feature for mobile devices that can browse the real web,
>> not just
>> the "mobile web". Are any of these sites even using real HTML? My
>> impression is that Japanese mobile-specific sites are coded using a
>> variety
>> of mutually incompatible mobile-specific languages, like cHTML, XHTML
>> Basic, XHTML-MP, etc.
>
> That would not be an accurate description of the current state of
> things in Japan, but I guess this isn't the place to go into
> details about it.

Could you go into more detail? Factual information would be helpful to
making decisions. Ideally we could record it in the wiki as well.
Before this thread started, I didn't even realize that the major
motivation for accesskey was mobile-targeted content in Japan, rather
than aiding accessibility for the disabled in desktop browsers.

Regards,
Maciej