Table-related element on the implied end tag list (detailed review of parsing algorithm)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:57:17 +0300
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>

(This is part of my detailed review the parsing algorithm.)

The spec says:
> When the steps below require the UA to generate implied end tags,
> then, if the current node is a dd element, a dt element, an li
> element, a p element, a tbody element, a td element, a tfoot
> element, a th element, a thead element, a tr element, the UA must
> act as if an end tag with the respective tag name had been seen and
> then generate implied end tags again.

The table-related elements got in there a while ago:
http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=964&to=965

As far as Anne and I can tell, the implied end tags of the table-
related elements are already handled regardless of "generate implied
end tags".
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20070705#l-106

If the table-related elements are indeed not needed on the list, they
should be taken out. If they are needed, a note explaining why they
are there would be good to have.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi