Re: handling fallback content for still images

From: Jon Barnett <jonbarnett@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 20:50:03 -0500
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On 7/4/07, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com> wrote:

> > IE, would of course be difficult to test, though I believe there are
> ways to fool it into processing XHTML as XML.

One way is it to server XHTML as text/xml, and put <xsl:template
match="/"><xsl:copy-of select="."/></xsl:template> in an XSLT stylesheet.

Using this method, IE7 shows the fallback content next to the "missing
image" icon and also next to the rendering of an actual image.  Firefox,
OTOH, doesn't show the fallback content at all.

If you're interested in my test page:
http://www.websandbox.net/media/examples/ietest.xml

--
Jon Barnett