Re: Accesskey - spec proposal

On Jul 4, 2007, at 5:38 PM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> At 14:38 -0700 UTC, on 2007-07-04, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>> On Jul 4, 2007, at 9:03 AM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
>>
>>> Quite the contrary. Limited screen real estate makes it extra useful
>>> to be
>>> able to activate things without having to scroll your ass off to
>>> locate them first.
>>
>> Most web sites achieve this by putting common navigation links near
>> the top.
>
> Right after the Flash banner ;)
>
> Navigation menus are usually at the top left, top right, bottom, are
> horizontal, vertical, etc. And often there'll be a secundary
> navigation menu,
> placed or at least presented elsewhere to indicate its secundarity.

I have to add (since its one of my pet peeves) that the relation
between the primary menu, the secondary menu, and any tertiary menus
and the logic for placing items in one or the other is usually a
complete mystery. It seems to be a secret guarded eternally by the
webmaster: something no visitor will every decipher.

Take care,
Rob