Popping until no element with the token name in scope (detailed review of parsing algorithm)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 00:28:28 +0300
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>

(This is part of my detailed review the parsing algorithm.)

For some elements the spec says:
> If the stack of open elements has an element in scope with the same
> tag name as that of the token, then pop elements from this stack
> until an element with that tag name has been popped from the stack.

But for (at least) the p element it says:
> If the stack of open elements has a p  element in scope, then pop
> elements from this stack until the stack no longer has a p element
> in scope.

The different wording implies that the implementation needs to run a
different subalgorithm. However, this is not the case. Therefore, it
would be better to use the first wording in both cases.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi