Re: CSS syntax inside scoped style, was: Wiki page for style attribute

On 7/3/07, Rene Saarsoo <nene@triin.net> wrote:

> Eric Daspet wrote:
> > <article>
> > </article>
>
> Is this really how the scoped style element should be used?
> As I have understanded the draft, you should still use selectors,
> like this:
>
> > <article>
> > </article>

That is an error from me while writting the example, sorry for that.

While I'm on to that, I would like to ask some questions about
> how the scoped style works, because the draft doesn't make it
> clear.
>
> Let's take the following HTML:
> <head>
>    <title>example page</title>
> </head>
>    <h1>Example page</h1>

>      <article id="article-1">
>        <h1>Article title</h1>
>      </article>
>
>      <article id="article-2">
>        <h1>Article without style</h1>
>      </article>
>
> Now let's try some selectors in scoped style block.
>
> Of course the following will match all <p>-s inside article:
>
> p {}
>
> I guess all those also match the article element:
>
> article {}
> #article-1 {}
> article:first-child {}
>
> Does this also match the article?

There was a thread about that. AFAIR we ended with "the scoped style does
not interacts with the container" (in this case with <article>)

--
Éric Daspet
http://eric.daspet.name/