Re: Wiki page for style attribute

resending to public-html, I accidentally replied only to the sender.

On 7/3/07, Eric Daspet <eric.daspet@survol.fr> wrote:
> On 7/2/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com > wrote:

> * Problem :
>
> I own the "main" document, you own the external material. I can't be sure of
> the appearence of the integrated material, because you could change the
> external styles. You can't be sure of the appearence either, because you do
> not control my stylesheet. In my example I define a default "white on blue"
> color. The external material expect the usual white background and define a
> blue color. The result is blue on blue, noone is "in fault".

I don't see how this is any different from the other author passing
fixed embedded style attributes. More than as "a solution", i see it
as "it can still be done if we remove the style attribute".

> A solution could be an agreement between me and the author of the external
> content. However if we do so, it would be simplier and better to agree on
> common classnames with some style attached. Moreover, this does not solve
> the syndication probleme because I do not know all external authors a I
> won't be able to ask them to change something.

this is what most of us already do, advertisers and/or content
providers usually allow us to customize color schemes for the served
content. However, i don't think this is the main issue we are
discussing here.