Re: Neutrality in "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4"

On Jul 3, 2007, at 12:53, Robert Burns wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>
>> If you are concerned about public perception, why would you prefer
>> the appearance that in order to find out what is going on, people
>> should go see the WHATWG stuff instead of the W3C stuff?
>
> I am concerned about perception of W3C and the work of this WG. I
> am not as concerned about the perception of other organizations. To
> the extend that I am concerned about the perception of other
> organizations, I have little or no control about addressing that
> concern (including the WhatWG).

Let me rephrase:
If you are concerned about public perception, what does it tell about
this WG if the best course of action for people to find a summary of
the current state of the Editor's Draft of the main deliverable of
this WG (short of reading the Draft itself) is to go read whatwg.org?

> However, it reflects the differences between the WhatWG's draft and
> HTML4. Since this WG has not yet put its own mark on the HTML5
> draft, it cannot possibly represent W3C differences between the
> HTML5 draft and HTML4.

After the header, both the WHATWG draft and the W3C Editor's Draft
are identical in content. The diff between HTML 4.01 and the current
W3C Editor's Draft is not a matter of opinion and the diff is exactly
the same as the diff between HTML 4.01 and the current WHATWG draft.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi