Re: Neutrality in "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4"

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:51:48 +0200, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2007, at 3:34 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:32:51 +0200, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
>> wrote:
>>> The only value for this differences document currently is to help
>>> drive the decision making of this WG.
>>
>> It's to help people outside this WG who don't have time to read all of
>> HTML 5 or follow this mailing list to see what the differences are and
>> comment on them. It gives them the ability to review the document as
>> well and it seems to be helping members of this WG as well. (It's also
>> very much non-normative and not binding in any way.)
>
> People outside the WG can read about the differences here:
>
> <http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Differences_from_HTML4>

Correct, they could. However, it seems that when the W3C does something it
gets much wider exposure. For instance, the above wiki page appeared on
maybe a single blog while the editor draft I wrote appeared on hundreds.
Having more exposure is very important I think.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>