Re: Wiki page for style attribute

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:20:17 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 01:52:51 +0200, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>>  2. Syndication is also addressed by <style scope>.
>>
>> Fully disagree.
>
> I said "also". Could you please elaborate on why you disagree with that?

"Addressed" means dealt with, as in solved.  For this to be true, a
substantial portion of the popular feed consumers would need to support
this element.  At this point in time, that seems a bit presumptuous.

>> But, FWIW, your point would have a bit more credibility to me if you
>> created html5lib sanitization test cases and code to match.
>
> If someone creates a CSS parser library it should be quite "easy" to
> filter stuff.

Most HTML sanitization is done today without a full blown HTML parser.
Why do you presume that people will be happy to prereq a full blown CSS
parser?

> --Anne van Kesteren
> <http://annevankesteren.nl/>
> <http://www.opera.com/>