Re: LONGDESC: some current problems and a proposed solution added to the wiki

Le 2 juil. 2007 à 01:08, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
>> If we give them the hooks, and they lose sales or
>> end up in court because they don't use them,
>> not only "reasonable" but the probability
>> that they will provide alternate content for
>> their Flash content is extremely high.
>
> Forcing people to do stuff in this way seems like a bad idea. It
> also only works for large corperations, not for your average weblog.

It is not forcing people. Philip explains that

1) if in the street, there is only one big bin, it is unlikely you
will sort your garbage.
2) that if you give a few bins for appropriate product, some people
will start to sort their garbage for recycling.
[2.a Usually  when you give a manual explaining what to sort out and
how, you improve the ratio of people sorting garbages.]
3) when the city becomes stricter, it puts in place a system where it
becomes mandatory to sort your garbage for recycling with penalties.
   3.a usually first the big companies
   3.b then sometimes individual houses.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***