Re: html 5 and accessibility issue - need of fallback content

The answer of course is: Yes! We do need to spend the time to develop a
good fallback solution for HTML, but its not just for the short term,
its also for the long term, it can then be a fallback mechanism for
future plugins and embedded content, etc...

The possible solutions you present are a good start, I personally feel
that <object>fallback content</object> may be the best solution, as
although there are issues for IE6, the technique is backwards compatible
with the HTML 4 specification.

Cheers,
Andrew Ramsden