Re: Microsoft's involvement in the WG

On 30/03/2007 04:12, John Joseph Bachir wrote:

> As a web developer and someone who cares very passionately about the
> web, I must say the idea of Microsoft involvement on this WG, especially
> in a co-chair capacity, bothers me.
> [snip]
> But: I do think it would be appropriate for Microsoft to explicitly
> identify their purpose for involvement in this WG. Presumably it is to
> help develop a standard...
>
> Do they then intend to implement this standard?

I don't really understand your problem.
I expressed a few concerns about Microsoft chairing this Group during
the Charter's review period but the W3C decided we can cope with that.
Fine, I trust the W3C on its decision. And since I also trust the
individual Chris Wilson, my company joined the Group as a W3C member.
If you don't trust the chair of this Group and need Microsoft to
explain why they care about the Web, why they're present in almost
*all* major working groups of this consortium since its inception,
why they care about the future of HTML, why are you here ???

More specifically on HTML, could you just give me the name of
a company implementing exactly and entirely the HTML 4 specification ?
Or CSS 2 ?-)
I am eagerly waiting for your answer, with a big smile on my face Ian
Hickson will certainly decrypt instantaneously.

</Daniel>