Re: Multipart response support

On 28 Mar 2007, at 10:12, Henrik Dvergsdal wrote:

> I think we should consider including support for multipart
>
> - easy preloading of critical components without using JavaScript

Do you mean pre-loading as in 'early asynchronous' loading?
I think this should be left to UA's, who seem to be doing an ok job
at doing this and trying to reduce FOUC problems.

> - improved digital rights management of images etc. without using
> flash or other plug-ins. (No need to make such resources directly
> accessible on the internet.)

-1
DRM should not be encouraged, let alone by an html spec.
It would also be mostly a waste of time anyway, screen grabbing would
remain a way to get the picture.
Perhaps you should stego a copyright into your images?

> - a mechanism for hiding scripts and stylesheets from (average) users.

-1
Again, the UA has to be able to read the script and stylesheet to use
them, so anyone would be able to bypass the security anyway, and
again a lot of effort could be wasted on this.