Re: Proposed Design Principles

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ProposedDesignPrinciples
>
> I'd appreciate feedback on these. Are any important principles missing?
> Are any of these wrong? Do they need refinement?

How about "optional extensibility is more important than new features".

Instead of introducing new features, introduce a system by which users may
add their own features.

Yes, I dream of syntactic macros in HTML.

But my fantasies aside, I think some note about the value of extensibility
should be included.

--
John Bachir
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/