RE: Proposing Named & Numbered Issues for HTML (was: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?)

From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb@ibiblio.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:53:30 -0400 (EDT)
To: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Mike Schinkel wrote:

> John Joseph Bachir wrote:
>> going to be so overwhelmingly busy, with segmented (in a good way)
>> sub-discussions, then a web forum would be very appropriate.
>
> It is amazing how circular things can become here.  Yes, I agreed with a
> proposal to create a web forum, but that proposal was shot down.
>
>> However I think trying to recreate that structure on the email list
>> will prove unwieldy and inefficient.

> But maybe instead of you discounting my proposal and me defending it you
> could present an alternate proposal to address the information overload of
> this list?

Hi Mike.

Far from discounting your proposal, I was actually agreeing with your
previous forum proposition :)  (if the discussion proves to be volumnous
and segmented enough to warrant it). Then, a couple emails later, Charles
McCathieNevile introduced us to the vast world of atypical and (it seems)
elegant tools that the W3 uses to manage information. At this point I do
not have a strong preference for any of the tools and will default to
those on the list who have more experience with such projects in such
contexts.

--
John Bachir
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/