Re: declarative expressons in WF2

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:24:15 +0200
To: "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer" <sebastian@dreamlab.net>, public-html@w3.org

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:17:54 +0200, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
> I have introduced a grammar for a subset of ECMA 262 r-value expressions
> together with additional constraints that ensure that the expressions
> can be statically analysed. See:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/03/XForms-Transitional/#expr-syntax

    Note that functions must be side-effect free and avoid
    introducing dependencies on form fields other than those
    passed via the function's arguments. This is needed to
    ensure that the expression can be statically analysed.

Doesn't help an implementor much. It seems you still haven't addressed the
original concern various people expressed either on this mailing list or
#html-wg.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>