From: Mike Schinkel [mailto:mikeschinkel@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:29 AM
To: 'James Graham'; 'Rick Mans'
Cc: work@gavinpearce.co.uk; 'David Dailey'; public-html@w3.org; Chris
Wilson
Subject: RE: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?

James Graham wrote:
> > IRC is somewhat old-fashioned but always usefull to
> > have a quick and clear conversation, a forum I would
> > prefer above a mailinglist, since most forums have a
> > better searchfunctionality than my emailclient. Also it
> > imho easier to keep discussion well-structured when
> > using discussion threads on a forum, however that is my
> > personal opinion based on previous experience with
> > mailinglists and forums.
> >
> Without wanting to sound rude, it sounds like you need a
> better email client.

Sorry for picking on James' reply as several others have said similar,
but
why is it people who have a legitimate preference for something other
than
email get condescended by those people who do prefer email?

Personally, I find the use of email overwhelming for lists of the volume
level that this HTML list has. Assuming email is the only way to
communicate
on this project I know for certain I will be far less able of provide
useful
input and will often be asking questions about issues that have already
been
discussed than if some other more structured method would be made
available.

Respectfully,

--
-Mike Schinkel