Re: Proposed requirement: don't break the Web

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:38:33 +0300
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, public-html@w3.org

Le Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:35:13 +0200, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> a
écrit:

> [ Although Dan's message asking for requirements [1] didn't
> explicitly ask for requirements for things that already work, I'm
> going to send a few (along with a few others).  I think there's
> value in agreeing on what we want to keep working so that we
> understand why we're not doing certain things. ]
>

> Proposed requirement:
>   New versions of HTML must not break significant numbers of Web
>   pages.

Completely agreed.

I, and assume others as well, have joined this working group believing in
the purpose of gradually evolving HTML, in a backwards compatible manner
without "breaking the Web".

Backwards compatibility and "don't break the Web" are/must be requirements.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future