Re: preference for blocks of unrelated comments

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:23:21 +1100
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Dailey, David P. wrote:
> Hence a friendly question: do you prefer seven new threads, or one
> big message with seven parts? I gather many of you have more
> experience with this sort of large conversation than I do, so I will
> defer to the first two people offering advice on this issue who seem
> to agree with one another.

Generally, separate threads is better.  If you try to combine several
distinctly different topics into one thread the discussion will become
harder to follow.

Also, try to avoid flooding the list with an excessive number of
different topics all at once.  You don't have to post all your feedback
on different topics at the same time, feel free to spread it out over a
couple of weeks.  Remember, others do have to try and keep up with it all.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/