RE: face to face meeting host offers for the HTML WG?

Gavin,
	That would be my point exactly.  Follow the thread on my blog
and Daniel's (my first post is at
http://blogs.msdn.com/cwilso/archive/2007/01/10/you-me-and-the-w3c-aka-r
einventing-html.aspx) and perhaps you'll see what I'm referring to.

I want to evolve HTML.  I thought at one point, apparently naively, that
since I could see both sides of the issue - the value of both the WHATWG
goals and the W3C IP policy and process - that perhaps I could help here
and make this a better world.  I can't do that and fight personal
battles at the same time.  I feel I've been doing that, being accused of
making some kind of secret back-room deals or something that I simply
haven't been doing.  Perhaps this just caught me at a bad time; Daniel's
mail to me seemed to imply that a sizable portion of the group does not
want me to be co-chair.  If you collectively don't think it's a good
idea to have me as co-chair, then I'd prefer not to waste my time, and
I'm sure Dan will do a fine job.  I'm asking for a vote of confidence
(or not) from the rest of the group.  My feelings are not going to be
hurt either way.

Regardless of my co-chairship, someone from Microsoft will participate
in this WG.  I've said that before, it continues to be true.  Even if I
am co-chair, I've said I think it might be a good idea to have a
different Microsoft WG representative.  I'm sorry we have not been agile
in getting approval for that participation; I take full personal
responsibility for that.  It has been an accident of very poor timing, a
somewhat lengthy process that we must follow internal to Microsoft for
due diligence, and my own time management that has caused this delay,
not necessarily in that order.  It is not due to a lack of interest or
desire.

-Chris