Re: WYSIWYM editors

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:12:00 +0200
To: "Laurens Holst" <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Cc: "Sander Tekelenburg" <st@isoc.nl>, public-html@w3.org

Le Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:27:12 +0200, Laurens Holst
<lholst@students.cs.uu.nl> a écrit:

> Mihai Sucan schreef:
>> Yes, exactly. In many, many cases font colors, font sizes actually
>> convey the meanings of headings. For such cases, I simply fine-tune
>> the configuration of my script, to "translate" specific tags (e.g.
>> specific <font color>, <font size>) to headings.
>
> In mails, I see a lot of people use colours where they really want to
> use <blockquote> and <q>’s :)

I do not deal with HTML email. I also disable HTML when viewing emails. I
only have to clean Word documents...

However, yes, that's true. Each and every semantic aspect of HTML is
actually conveyed within documents, by colors, by fonts, by silly boxes
(drawings), etc.  Yet, each time the font/color/look of the semantic
concept is different. This is why you can't have a flawless document
cleaner.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future