Re: brainstorming: test cases, issues, goals, etc.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:36:35 +0100, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:

> I suppose HTML5 and WebForm2 are evolved from HTML4; I welcome
> brainstorming around those specs too.

About HTML5, WHAT WG and the stated will to "converge"; how is this going
to work in practice? Will we base the work of the HTML WG upon the work
WHAT WG has done, will we start from scratch or something inbetween? Your
thoughts?

My initial reaction is that the two+ years WHAT WG has invested in the
development of HTML5 and Web Forms 2.0 shouldn't be ignored. If the HTML
WG ignores WHAT WG's work to any degree at all, I fear we might end up
with two HTML5 specifications; one published by WHAT WG and one published
by the W3C.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no