Subject: [HDP] 3.1 Solve Real Problems

From: Andrew Sidwell <takkaria@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:39:24 +0000
To: public-html@w3.org

This principle states that updates to HTML should solve "actual
real-world problems".  Even if the rest of this post isn't considered, I
suggest removing "actual", since it's somewhat redundant with "real-world".

My real issue, though, is that the principle says "real-world problems"
when it actually seems to mean "existing widespread problems".  A
real-world problem is just a problem experienced by someone, regardless
of how many other people experience it.  As a result, I suggest changing
the principle to "Solve Existing, Widespread Problems" and rewriting
accordingly.