Re: New entities

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:08:33 +0100
To: Almorca <almorca@gmail.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org
Almorca wrote:
> Hello. I am a web developer an I would like propose three new entities to
> html 5.
>
> I would add the entity sub1; (character U+2081), the entity sub2; (character
> U+2082) and the entity sub3; (character U+2083). They would are the
> equivalent to sup1; , sup2, and sup3;.

Please note that there is ongoing effort to harmonize entity definitions
between various markup vocabularies, see:

http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/

Ideally, any new vocabulary like HTML5 should either don't define
entities at all or provide complete set as defined in:

http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007/w3centities-f.ent

sub1-3 are currently not defined so you should first try to convice Math
WG which is preparing this document. But it would be silly to have
different entity sets available in HTML and MathML if they can be
embeded inside each other.

				Jirka