Re: DogFood (and inline/block constraints)

From: Alex Robinson <w3c@alex.fu2k.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:27:56 +0000
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>, adam.vandenhoven@gmail.com
Cc: public-html@w3.org

>horses are black things with four legs.</p>
>
>is structurally the same as

>rock</blockquote> where
>horses are black things with four legs.</p>
>
>and should be marked up the same way, it's just a stylistic choice to
>display large quotations.

How is it a stylistic choice? q is for inline quotes. blockquote is
for block level quotes. The clue as far as I can see is in the name.
Or are you really saying that you want to be able to do

inline blockquote about horses</h1><p>horses that
rock</p></blockquote> where horses are black things with four
legs.</p>

Or are you saying that blockquotes should not have to contain block
level container elements? And if not, what purpose does q serve?

Personally I think they are not the same structually and that your
use of blockquote instead of q is a misuse of the element resulting
in a fallacious example.