Re: DogFood, take 2

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:09:20 +0100
To: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:40:50 +0100, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>>  The restrictions I think we should have are the ones that would catch
>> things that authors might do by mistake and unintentionally.
>
> Agreed.  I intentionally created a footer which consists solely of an
> anchor tag.  The remaining question is whether or not it was a mistake
> for me to do so.

Inline-level content in <footer> is allowed per spec.

    Content model:
       Either zero or more block-level elements, but with no h1, h2, h3, h4,
       h5, h6, header, or footer elements as descendants, and with no
       sectioning elements as descendants; or, inline-level content (but not
       both).

     --
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-sections.html#the-footer

--