Re: DogFood

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 19:59:11 -0500
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> I identified four classes of errors:
>  1) meta charset in XHTML

Why specifying a charset that matches the encoding is flagged as an
error is probably something that should be discussed another day.  I
happen to believe that people will author content intended to be used by
multiple user agents which are at various levels of spec conformance.

>  2) wbr

I don't understand the error message that is produced, nor can I figure
out what the problem is.  Can you elaborate?

>  3) a dangling for="q" attribute

Well, lookie there.  I fix this error, and another one pops up.

>  4) lots and *lots* of cases where you have inline content where only
> block content is conforming.

This is probably something the workgroup should discuss.

- Sam Ruby