RE: ... other formats in HTML ...

From: Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 10:25:45 -0500
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>

On Sat 12/1/2007 9:48 AM Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>Our Design Principles require compatibiity with existing content, so
>we can't remove existing functionality.

It wasn't clear to me that our design principles "require" anything.

Quoting from http://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/

1. These design principles are an attempt to capture consensus on design approach. They are pragmatic rules of thumb that must be balanced against each other, not absolutes.

and

2. It is inappropriate to cite this document as other than work in progress.

cheers,
David