Re: IE's AND EVERYONE ELSE'S object implementation problems (was RE: Baby Steps or Backwards Steps?)

On Aug 21, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Robert Burns wrote:

> • Safari 3.0 beta: Poor support for images beyond particular
> intrinsic dimensions. It expects images to be smaller than a
> particular size and then provides scrollers for any larger images.
> Time-based media (audio and video) do not load,.except  for flash.
> • Safari 3.0 beta with recent nightly build of WebKit: The large
> still images problems are fixed. Still no luck with time-based media
> except for flash.

Believe it or not, I think the audio/video problems are bugs in the
QuickTime plugin, even though it works in Opera on the Mac. Safari is
actually getting a different version of the QuickTime plugin. I have
filed a bug on QuickTime internally. I believe Safari handles this
case correctly for plugins, which you can see from the fact that Flash
works.

Regards,
Maciej