Re: M| Motion to use prefix to categorize messages and threads (Robert's Rules of Order over Email)

From: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:38:57 +0100
To: "Rob Burns" <robburns1@mac.com>
Cc: "HTMLWG" <public-html@w3.org>

I do not support this and would actively block it from becoming a Policy.
Using codes in a human-readable area (the subject line) is not
user-friendly.

The words used in the subject are usually a good enough indication of what
it's about and whether it would be be interested to you.

For example, the word "review" is good enough to indicate a message is
reviewing something. This is intuitive for authors and already widely used
on public-html. It is more user-friendly to read "review" than to read "R|"
and look this up against a glossary of codes.

As long as people use descriptive subject lines of short or moderate length,
that is fine for me. This is what Participants are already doing, happily.
:-)

--
Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
Collections of Interesting Data Tables