Re: M| Motion to use prefix to categorize messages and threads (Robert's Rules of Order over Email)

From: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:38:57 +0100
To: "Rob Burns" <robburns1@mac.com>
Cc: "HTMLWG" <public-html@w3.org>

I do not support this and would actively block it from becoming a Policy.
Using codes in a human-readable area (the subject line) is not

The words used in the subject are usually a good enough indication of what
it's about and whether it would be be interested to you.

For example, the word "review" is good enough to indicate a message is
reviewing something. This is intuitive for authors and already widely used
on public-html. It is more user-friendly to read "review" than to read "R|"
and look this up against a glossary of codes.

As long as people use descriptive subject lines of short or moderate length,
that is fine for me. This is what Participants are already doing, happily.

Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
Collections of Interesting Data Tables