Re: [admin] W3C Wiki migration

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:06:38 +0100
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>

On 15 Aug 2007, at 16:48, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> - the built-in editor shows a "B" button that generates <em>. I've
> been
> unsuccesful in convincing the authors that an exclamation mark
> would be more
> appropriate.

I've tried to get the authors to change either that or the markup,
I've got nothing but responses like "I''m somewhat annoyed at people
jumping into a channel bitching over and over on the same topic" and
"because we like em better than i, now are you happy?" and "<i> has
been deprecated" (which as of XHTML 1.0, which they comply with, it
hasn't been. Asking for a citation got me a link to blog. Pointing
out that blog was wrong, I just got told to use another wiki).

- Geoffrey Sneddon