Re: 3.8.10. The address element

From: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 00:55:05 +1000
To: "Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 8/8/07, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> <address> is not a sectioning element.

That's good news for HTML; bad news for the spec. The spec reads as if
address elements are sections and definitely requires clarification.

"Sectioning elements" should explicitly state the element names.
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#sectioning

> <address> can already contain lists and tables. (Lists and tables can be
> structured inline-level elements, which is a subset of inline-level
> content.)

Excellent. Hadn't got "structured-inline elements" in my memory yet.
For reference: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#structured