3.8.1. The body element

From: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:25:01 +1000
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

3.8.1. The body element
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#body0

I'd like the second sentence in the note to be a bit clearer. Rather
than "This refers to a particular element in the DOM" maybe "This
refers to the first body or frameset element in the DOM"?

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-body0
Actually, do you think calling this "the body element" is confusing?
Could we call it "the document body" instead maybe? We are really
talking about document.body right? (that is, an attribute in the DOM)
which will be an element.

The DOCUMENT BODY is the first child of the html element that is
either a body element or a frameset element. If there is no such
element, it is null. If the DOCUMENT BODY is null, then when the
specification requires that events be fired at "the DOCUMENT BODY",
they must instead be fired at the Document object.