Re: Proposed Design Principles review

From: Dannii <curiousdannii@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:21:00 +1000
To: public-html@w3.org
I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'break'. I don't think it would be
acceptable to change anything that would make 99% of the web unusable. I do
think that it would be okay to change the rendering of those pages, if they
were never being rendered correctly in the first place.

It depends on the level of changes I think. Trying to keep pixel-perfect
precision with broken pages is ridiculous. If someone was using a table for
layouts with sliced image backgrounds, I don't think we should be forced to
ensure that their slices still line up properly.