Re: Parsing of HTML fragments

From: Scott Turner <scotty1024@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:51:07 -0700
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>

On Apr 24, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> One thing I strongly believe need to be defined clearly is how HTML
> fragments, such as those in Atom documents, are to be parsed.

One of the parsing context items I have often wished I could control
was the encoding for the characters in an inner HTML ATOM.

I haven't found any mention of this in any of the HTML 5 et al
documents I've been inspecting.

I believe it would be a useful addition if HTML 5 addressed this
issue as it would reduce the barriers to content producers
aggregating content from various international sources.

Scott Turner