Re: Feature Strings

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> Smylers wrote:
>> What about text-only browsers such as Lynx?  They may become
>> HTML5-aware, and so know what the <video> element is.  But they may not
>> be able to display the video (perhaps a link to it, at best); does it
>> make sense that despite not showing the video they also not display the
>> fallback content?
>
>    I think that in that situation, a user agent should probably render
> the following:
>
>    [_Download_Video_] Fallback content.

Just to note, this proposed rendering would be at variance with Lynx's
current behaviors when handling embedded content.

For OBJECT elements, the OBJECT is not rendered. Any fallback content
within the OBJECT tag does get rendered.

EMBED elements are rendered as [EMBED] but this is just a line of plain
text, not a link to give an option to download the resource in question.

--
Bill Mason
Accessible Internet