Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 00:35:22 -0700
Cc: W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>

On Apr 21, 2007, at 11:14 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Jeff Schiller wrote:
> >
> > I think Dave Hyatt is a good choice for co-editor.
>
> I think so as well, but we should also get someone else who isn't
> involved in the WHATWG stuff.  I'd like to see another editor with
> a different viewpoint from Ian and Dave (not that they necessarily
> always agree).

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that we have two excellent
candidates for editor and not push our luck by trying to add a third.
I especially don't want to keep delaying the group's work by
continuing to look for more candidates.

I can assure you that Dave and Ian don't always agree on everything.
WHATWG is a very loose association. Ian and Dave are also both
members of the CSS Working Group, and we probably don't think that is
a faction that must not be overrepresented. WHATWG is not any more
monolithic in point of view than CSS WG.

> I wish I had someone to nominate, but I'm afraid I don't.  I'm
> curious how palatable to the other browser vendors an editor from
> Microsoft would be?  Not very, I suspect...

Since one of the co-chairs is a Microsoft employee, I don't think
they particularly need any more representation or influence.

Regards,
Maciej