Re: The argument for |bugmode| (was Re: If we have versioning, it should be in an attribute, not the doctype)

On Apr 19, 2007, at 04:18, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> It would really help if you would actually do some research about
> (or at least listen to) what authors actually want, instead of
> being presumptuous.

To find out what authors want (in the sense that is useful for
designing a bug mode switch that has to work with the real author
behavior in the common case), one should look at the reactions of
authors to past stimuli (instances of browser changes, etc.) instead
of believing what they say they want.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi