Re: Versioning and the end user

Matthew Ratzloff wrote:
> That may be, but you clipped the part where I proposed a way of allowing
> it to solve those problems, with infrequent, ongoing updates to the
> specification in the form of HTML 5.01, 5.02, etc.

How does that solve the problem?

> The "extra overhead" of HTML 4's much more complicated DTD string doesn't
> seem to impede HTML creation today.

Sure, because browser behavior is basically the same no matter what you stick in
there.  All that matters is whether you end up in quirks or standards mode;
there aren't these fine gradations of "this functionality will only work this
particular way for this range of doctypes".

-Boris