Re: Aphorisms of First Principle [was Proposed Design Principles]

From: David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:50:48 -0400
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Thanks for your very patient and thoughtful response Maciej,

At 06:57 PM 4/15/2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>On Apr 12, 2007, at 9:41 PM, Dailey, David P. wrote:
>
>>6.      SolveRealProblems <http://esw.w3.org/topic/SolveRealProblems> :
>
>>I surmise that what this means is "back up what you propose with a
>>needs analysis"? If that's what we mean then, let's say that. But
>>that already seems to be a general dictum of the culture of the
>>W3C, so I'm not sure we need an aphorism that sends some of our
>>brains into funny directions to help us remember it.
>
>I think the funny directions side effect may be specific to a small
>subset of brains.

It appears you are exactly correct on this point. :)

I have a few quibbles remaining and some suggestions that I'll hope
to put forward in due course. My case of persistent skepticism about
what you call "self-imposed amendments to the charter" may be
incurable, but I'm pleased to report that the side effects are less
aggravating today.

cheers,
David Dailey
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey