Re: Formal definition of HTML5 (was Re: Version information)

From: Henrik Dvergsdal <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:47:08 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

> Putting forward a formal schema causes people to claim that things
> that
> are not caught by the schema are allowed, even when this
> contradicts other
> claims in the specification.

I don't see this as a major problem. Most competent developers will
be aware that this is only a partial check, especially if we warn
about this in text and descriptions. There will always be aspects of
programming languages that aren't automatically checked, even though
they are machine checkable in principle. This is just a question of
where to draw the line.

--
Henrik