How frozen is frozen?

From: Kornel Lesinski <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:44:17 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Should the frozen state of bugs remain absolutely unchanged in 10-20 years
time? Or would it make sense to push it forward when changes don't break
more than 0.5% of the web?

I'm wondering because as gap between current and future
latest-and-greatest standards mode widens, it might be increasingly
difficult to implement one browser engine that accurately supports both (I
assume freeze would affect HTML, CSS and DOM at the same time).

--
regards, Kornel Lesinski