Re: Pandering to poor authorship (was Proposing <indent> vs. <blockquote>)

Dylan Smith wrote:
> on 4/13/07 11:31 PM, Mike Schinkel at w3c-lists@mikeschinkel.com wrote:
>
>> People are, more and more, able to author snippets of HTML to be
>> incorporated into an existing HTML structure, and not just entire HTML
>> documents.  We need to recognize that emergent use-case and their
>> applicable needs.
>>
> Hmm, you might have a bit of a point here - I keep thinking of an "author"
> as somebody with a copy of BBEdit. Thinking about this opens up an entire
> can of worms, dunnit?

Exactly, and this change has only recently started happening on a broad
scale with the explosion of social media. And I believe all indications
are that it will accelerate and we'll ignore it to our peril.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/